Skiing and snowboarding
Fun on the pistes for young and old
In the southernmost of Salzburg’s 5 districts – Lungau – Mariapfarr lies at the foot of the Fanningberg at an elevation of 1120 m above sea level.
The sunniest town in Austria, Mariapfarr invites you to enjoy a wonderful winter vacation with powder snow and sunshine in abundance.
From the beginning of December until mid-April, the snow glistens on our mountains .
In addition to the Fanningberg, you can also discover the ski areas of Grosseck/Speiereck, Katschberg/Aineck as well as Obertauern.
The winter landscapes are an absolute delight, and not just for skiers. You are certain to be thrilled no matter what winter activities you are involved in .
Fanningberg – Mariapfarr’s local mountain - offers everything your heart desires.
Aside from the 6-passenger Samson chairlift and 3 other tows, the Zirbenjet - a lift that went into operation in 2007 – will carry you up to the Fanningberghöhe.
And during the ride, the Zirbenjet will even warm you up with heated seats.
The Fanningberg offers you 30 km of skiing enjoyment, ranging in difficulty from easy to intermediate and even expert.
At the FANNI kids park, the youngsters are in the best of hands.
Thanks to a magic carpet and an array of fairytale figures, great times are guaranteed .
The Lungau ski areas are convenient to reach thanks to a ski bus that’s included for free with your ski pass.
The LUNGO ski pass is a special opportunity - adding even greater value to your skiing experience -
valid in ski areas Fanningberg, Grosseck/Speiereck, Katschberg/Aineck as well as Obertauern.
380 piste kilometers and all levels of difficulty await you .
Ski Area Fanningberg - Mariapfarr
• 30 piste kilometers (13 km rated blue, 7 km red, 10 km black)
• 5 lifts (not including magic carpets)
• 2 ski and snowboard schools
• 2 sporting goods stores and ski rentals
• Ski depot at the valley station
Ski area Grosseck/Speiereck - St. Michael
• 50 piste kilometers (26 km rated blue, 17 km red, 7 km black)
• 11 lifts (not including magic carpets)
• 3 ski and snowboard schools
• 8 cozy huts and restaurants
• Elevation: 1100 to 2400 m
Ski area Katschberg/Aineck - St. Margarethen
• 16 gondolas and lifts (not including magic carpets)
• 70 piste kilometers (10 km rated blue, 50 km red, 10 km black)
• 100 % of pistes with snowmaking capability
• 1 steep hill known as "Diretissima" from the Aineck mountain station with a 60-100 % gradient
• 3 ski and snowboard schools, plus lots of practice hills for the kids
• 3 ski rental stations
• Cross-country ski trails
• 1.5 km floodlit sled run
• 11 cozy ski huts and mountain restaurants
• Childcare services
• Ski depot at Katschberg tourist office
Ski area Obertauern
• 26 lifts
• 100 piste kilometers (61 km rated blue, 35 km red, 4 km black)
• State-of-the-art lifts
• Family-friendly guest services
• Great deep-snow slopes
• Fun park
• Après-ski at comfy ski huts and mountain restaurants
• Night skiing
• Top piste conditions and snow you can count on
• Ski-racing and training hills